SLAUGHTERHOUSE � Monsters In My Head

Monsters, in my head
Monsters, in my head

[Crooked I]
What if I told you I wake up screamin and swingin, dreamin that I�m fightin demons
Dreamin I�m swingin on heathens, competin and schemin
to eat every piece of my peace when I�m sleepin, need a priest and a deacon
I�m speakin to preachers, tell �em I�m only at peace when I�m drinkin
I�m sinkin deep into hell thinkin I�m fiendin for freedom
Cause bein in a well isn�t good for my well-bein
A walkin zombie I be comatose
Nobody loves a nobody who probably overdosed
in the lobby of the Omni Hotel, probably find me with an empty bottle of Oxy
Shakin like a earthquake�s inside me or I caught the holy ghost
Wonder if therapy could take care of these monsters
before I kill more innocent people than Jared Lee Loughner!
They spit on me, shit on me, society kicked on me, hit on me
�til I was sick and exhausted, flipped and I lost it
off hallucinogenics, they usin a clinic, I saw Lucifer�s image
The elephant in the room are my skeletons in the closet

[Chorus:]
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep
Wake me up before I�m dead, don�t bury me, with monsters in my head
Monsters in my head, with monsters in my head
And underneath the bed, underneath the bed

[Joell Ortiz]
I always see �em out the corner of my eye
Scared to death to fully see �em but I try, I just wanna ask �em why
they follow me around and they reply when I hear a sound or they walk by
and give me a chill I can�t explain, it feels so strange, is that a high?
My anxiety�s at an all-time high
One second I�m good then I flip a switch and I�m thinkin I might die!
These dizzy spells are so annoyin
From the outside lookin in y�all think I�m enjoyin myself, I need help man I�m destroyin
every positive force, with all these negative thoughts
How can I find happiness when I can�t remember it�s lost?
I do so many temporary things to smile for just a minute
Hat low but not for style, I�m tryin to hide under my fitted
Dawg it�s wild, you wouldn�t get it!
Try my best to make e�rybody laugh, but that�s just a disguise, I�m really timid
Somebody make these feelings go away, forget it, that�s my problem
Y�all go �head � I hate these monsters in my head

[Chorus]

[Royce Da 5'9"]
Uhh, it�s lights out like where the Amish stay
Pappy you can�t tax me, I�m like Wesley Snipes in the sovereign states
I�m a survivin walkin oxymoron, obviously I can say
that I am alive and I�m tryin to die this way
Y�all on y�all faggot shit, I�m on my draggin my Magnum clip
with monsters in my head like Earvin Magic Dick
Niggaz (dessert) me like eatin after the entrée
But I�ma keep it 3000 like after the André
I�ve adapted to a private life, yeah right
Me sayin that is like sayin I�m shootin dice on a floor made out of dice
I made out alive this chaotic life
I just figured just quit givin dick to trick bitches and stay out of fights
But I�m on my high snortin
You see this (Monster Ball) is like seein Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton
It�s FUCKIN classic! As far as rap
I wish I could wrap it in plastic and stick it up your fuckin ass
Cause, I�m a MONSTER! [echoes]

[Chorus]

[Joe Budden]
Take heed to what I�m givin you, the beefin is habitual
He just ridicules, wants me in critical, will appease and get rid of you
Maybe the only thing I seek is biblical
When the scars are internal when the bleedin is invisible
Got a friend named depression, a pill I take to relax him
but when he regurgitates it the aches you just couldn�t fathom
Got a few talents, but lookin for a new challenge
I�ll let you walk in my shoes once I find a (New Balance)
With faith I stand peaceful, I know e�ry man�s equal
So I�m playin with the (Monstars) like a Space Jam sequel
Give �em two choices, since they don�t wanna do the least
They �em they can get off my DICK, or renew the lease
Persevere though my bed is corrupt, expect I give up
when left to destruct, but I give less than a FUCK!
Sit back comfortably, react to what they want with me
The bright side is they keep an insomniac company

[Chorus]
Previous
Next Post »