SMASH CAST � Let Me Be Your Star

[Karen:]
Fade in on a girl
With a hunger for fame,
And a face and a name to remember.
The past fades away
Because as of this day,
Norma Jean�s gone.
She�s moving on�

Her smile and your fantasies play a duet
That will make you forget where you are.
The music starts playing,
It�s the beat of her heart saying�
Let me be your star.

[Ivy:]
Flashback to a girl
With a song in her heart,
As she�s waiting to start the adventure.
The fire and drive
That make dreams come alive�
They fill her soul.
She�s in control�

The drama, the laughter, the tears just like pearls-
Well, they�re all in this girl�s repertoire.
It�s all for the taking,
And it�s magic we�ll be making;
Let me be your star.

[Both:]
I�ll just have to forget the hurt that came before,

[Karen:]
Forget what used to be.

[Ivy:]
The past is on the cutting room floor,

[Karen:]
The future is here with me.

[Both:]
Choose me!
Fade up on a star
With it all in her sights�
All the love and the lights
That surround her.
Someday she�ll think twice
Of the dues and the price

[Ivy:]
She�ll have to pay

[Karen:]
She�ll have to pay

[Ivy:]
But not today�

[Karen:]
But not today�

[Both:]
Then she�ll do all she can
For the love of one man,
And for millions who look from afar.
And what you�ve been needing
Is all here in my heart, pleading�
Let me be your star!
Previous
Next Post »