SUFJAN STEVENS � We Need A Little Christmas

1, 2, 3, 4
Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

For we need a little Christmas, right this very minute
Candles in the window, carols at the spinet
Yes, we need a little Christmas, right this very minute
It hasn�t snowed a single flurry, Santa dear, we�re in a hurry

So climb down the chimney
Turn on the brightest string of lights I�ve ever seen
Slice up the fruitcake
It�s time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

For I�ve grown a little leaner, grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder, grown a little older
And I need a little angel sitting on my shoulder
Need a little Christmas now

For we need a little music, need a little laughter
Need a little singing ringing through the rafter
And we need a little snappy happy ever after
Need a little Christmas now
Previous
Next Post »