Smash Cast feat. Bernadette Peters Megan Hilty � Hang The Moon

If our lives were a movie
I�d know what to do
I�d write every scene with my heart
An archaeal picture that stars me and you
And this time I�d learn my part

I�d paint you some scenery
We�d sing, and we�d dance
From morning till late afternoon
And when that scene is done
Then I�d paint down the sun
And for you darling, I�ll hang the moon

We�d wake up to sunshine
Like lights on a set
You�d reach out and there�d be my hand
All day there�d be music, a perfect duet
That flows from the white baby grand

At night when you�re frightened
I�ll play you to sleep
That melody from Clair de Lune
And to fill up the sky As the clouds, I would fly
And for you darling, I�ll hang the moon

Hang the moon forever
So you�d never fear the darkness
The darkness I�ve known
Moon protect Norma Jean
So that she�ll never be alone
Never alone

If our lives were a movie
Then you�d be the star
Cause now I know the role I should play
To applaud all you do
All the things that you are
And just be there on opening day

I know in the past
That the lines were all wrong
And the music was never in tune
But the wish that I make Is for just one more take
Because then darling I�ll hang the moon

I�ll hang the moon above you
So that you�ll never fear the darkness
The darkness of night
Then you�ll know I love you
Each time that you feel the light
Feel the light

If our lives were a movie
Then I�d cut away
All the moments when I wasn�t there
The scenes that are happy
Are all that will stay
The rest will dissolve into air

As the final reel ends
We might both shed a tear
For the ending is coming out soon
But when the screen fades to black
We can smile and look back
And for you darling I�ll hang the moon
Previous
Next Post »