SMASH CAST � The 20th Century Fox Mambo

[Marilyn:]
At Paramount it�s �Ooh la la.�
The Warner Brothers� Cha cha cha.
And L.B. Mayer loves his schmaltz,
So MGM made the great waltz.
But the 20th Century Foxtrot
It�s precious, but precious!
It�s not hot
To make the big boys hire me�
Please make that rhythm fiery.

Come on, boy and girls,
Make me over!

In this factory
Where dreams can come true,
Are you ready
To make someone new?
You�re the team
That must teach me to do
The 20th Century Fox Mambo.

Done the homework,
And I�ll pass the test.
I�ll do whatever
My teacher suggests�
I can do it clothed
Or undressed,
The 20th Century Fox Mambo.

Make it up,
Shake it up,
Let the fantasies begin!
Here�s the dope:
To get cast,
Change the past�
Make the light
Just right for sin.
Let�s go!

Take a gamble
�Cause it�s safe to bet.
Mr. Zanick ain�t seen nothing yet.
When we�re finished
He�ll never forget
This 20th Century Fox.

[Ensemble:]
For fame play her game,
Change your name
To the 20th Century Fox

Make it up,
Shake it up.

[Marilyn:]
Make me feel
Like the main attraction.
Change the clothes,
Fix the nose,
And then 5, 6, 7, 8,
Action!

[Ensemble:]
Action!

[Marilyn:]
Now I�m blonde,
But I ain�t so dumb.

[Ensemble:]
No!

[Marilyn:]
Hollywood will be
Under my thumb.

[Ensemble:]
Yes!

[Marilyn:]
I�ll change partners
Until I become
Your 20th Centurty Fox
Mambo!
Previous
Next Post »