SPIRITUALIZED � Headin� For The Top Now

We should be headin� for the top now
We�ve have a hundred thousand years
We should�ve found a little heaven in our soul
That should�ve washed away the tears
Instead we�re wasted all the time
And there�s a thousand ways to cry
And in our haste to find a little more from life
We didn�t notice that we�d died
And we�ll be losin� all the time
We�ll be choking back the tears
And we�ll be seein� only white light in our mind
And it�s been blinding us for years
She got a rhythm in her soul
She got a rainbow in her eyes
She gotta little bit of hurtin� deep inside
And its hurt you�re gonna try

And I�ve been shooting up my time
I�ve been holdin� down the fear
We should be headin� for the top now little child
But I�ve been rotting here for years
And we�ll be calling the dark
I�ll be holding back the shame
We should be headin� for the top now little child
But she�ll be dancing on your grave
And I�ll be calling for a god
I�ll be calling out for more
And I�ve been given all the riches in my heart
That she�ll be selling at the door
She got a heavy duty soul
She got a twinkle in her eye
And she�s polluting all the air waves with her song
And it�s a song I�m gonna buy

And then she comes into my room
She caught me messin� on the floor
She got a little bit of heaven in her soul
That got me crawlin� back for more
She got a rumour in her heart
She got a twinkle in her eye
She got a little bit of hurtin� deep inside
And it�s a hurt I�m gonna try
But her ambition�s such a drag
She made a coffin for my dreams
And now I�m losing all I had now
To stay in love by any means
And I�m forgettin� all the time
I should�ve photographed my mind
She got a little bit of heaven deep inside
And its a heaven I should find

And there�s a stagger in our walk
And there�s a stutter in our name
And you�ll be seeing only white light
And there�ll be nothing more to gain

We should be headin� for the top now
We�ve had a hundred thousand years
Instead we�re losing all we got now
To cry a hundred thousand tears

We should be heading for the top now
But we�ll be crawling on the floor
Instead we�re losing all we got now
To cry a hundred thousand more

Mary, Mary quite contrary
How does your future go?
Backstreet dealin�
Midnight stealin�
Oh does your mother know?

Sadie, Sadie
Quite the lady
How does your fortune grow?
Fixin� hustlin�
Pimpin� cussin�
Don�t let the damage show
Previous
Next Post »